- This event has passed.
Summer Research Opportunity Program Research Symposium: Day Two
August 4, 2021, 10:45 am to 1:00 pm EDT
Join our Summer Research Opportunity Program (SROP) scholars as they present their research and answer questions.
SROP at U-M strives to increase the number of diverse students with unique experiences by supporting their preparation for graduate studies. Through intensive mentorship, active learning, and enrichment activities, SROP fosters a community of scholars who increase social and cultural capital and networking while mastering research skills and knowledge that advance their preparation as candidates for successful graduate study at U-M and success in future careers, increasing representation in professional fields.
Given the number of students, presentations will occur over the course of two days—Tuesday, August 3 and Wednesday, August 4. Sixteen scholars will share their research during three rotations beginning at 11:00 a.m., 11:40 a.m., and 12:20 p.m. Guests can join using the main Zoom link and enter into breakout rooms to hear the presentations throughout the three rotations.
- Dalissa Negron, Characterizing Selective and Potent Inhibitors of Human DNA Ligase III
- Ariane Tsai, Engineering of Microenvironments for Augmented Tendon Healing
- Kelotchi Figueroa-Nieves, Theoretical Calculations in Wide Band Gap Materials for Interlayer Exciton
- Isaiah Waters, Continuos and On-Demand Manufacturing of Improved, Personalized Medicines
- Zulma Reyes Benitez, Characterization of Small PAPP-A Inhibitors Blurb: Grew M14 Melanoma Cancer Cell Lines and Measured the Inhibitory Response to Previously Screened Compounds
- Kailey Jerome, The Effect of E-Cigarette Vapors on Human Cardiac Tissues
- Caroline Lindey, Once Ignored, Now Incarcerated: Why China is Pursuing a Policy of Mass Detention of Ethnic Minority Uyghur Muslims in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region (XUAR)
- Maimouna Diop, How Colonization Has Impacted West Africans and African Americans Beauty Standards
- Jose Gonzalez-Rivera, Binge Drinking Behaviors Among Sexual Majority and Minority Youth
- Danielle Amezcua, Religion and Contraceptives in Ann Arbor
- Lindsey English, Dietary Pesticide Exposure in Mexico City Mothers
- Omar Valdivias Soto, How Parents in Rural Mexico Contextualize Well-Being
- Vanessa Stubbs, SARS-CoV-2 Variants and Predicted Influences on CD8+ T-cell Responses
- Santiago Garcia-Leco, Understanding Decision Making During Coronavirus in Communities of Color
- Aila Kassandra Rodriguez, Historical Case Study of Policing, Institutional Changes, and Rise of Black Political Power in Chicago
- Kamali Clora, Youth Empowerment Solutions: Engaging Youth for Anti-Racism and Cultural Equity (YES-ERACE) Pilot Implementation
Registration is required at https://myumi.ch/VPEYw.
We want to ensure full and equitable participation in our events. If an accommodation would promote your full participation in this event, please follow the registration link to indicate your accommodation requirements. Please let us know as soon as possible in order to have adequate time, preferably one week, to arrange for your requested accommodations or an effective alternative.