Demonstrating Your Commitment to Diversity
Tuesday, December 6, 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm EST
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) aptitude is now highly valued by many employers, both within and beyond academe. This interactive workshop will:
- Show how employers are evaluating DEI in job interviews
- Provide opportunities for reflection on how you demonstrate your commitment to DEI
- Provide time for students to practice answering common interview questions related to DEI.
This workshop is designed primarily for graduate students seeking non-academic jobs beyond the professoriate.
- Reflect on ways you are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in your research, teaching, engagement, leadership, or other areas
- Articulate your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Learn about the different methods employers are using to assess job candidates’ commitment to diversity
This workshop is designed for University of Michigan master’s students, doctoral students, and postdoctoral fellows. For faculty and staff, please contact email@example.com to see if we can accommodate your attendance.
This workshop is part of the Rackham North Workshop Series although graduate students from all campuses are welcome to attend.
Registration is required at https://myumi.ch/mxzpG.
We want to ensure full and equitable participation in our events. If an accommodation would promote your full participation in this event, please follow the registration link to indicate your accommodation requirements. Please let us know as soon as possible in order to have adequate time, preferably one week, to arrange for your requested accommodations or an effective alternative.