Debt Management Awards
Students who are enrolled full-time and have reached candidacy in the following Rackham doctoral programs: Social Work and Social Science, all doctoral programs in Public Policy and Public Health, Nursing, Anthropology, Economics, Political Science, Psychology and Sociology. Students must have spent at least 2 years in community service prior to beginning graduate school; must intend to return to public service careers in the United States upon graduation; and must carry student-related debt accrued during the undergraduate and/or graduate years.
Selection will be based upon academic merit, commitment to public service in the United States, and financial need.
April 23, 2019
At least four one-time awards of up to $10,000 will be made.
Students from eligible graduate programs can apply online:
- Student’s personal statement including a brief statement of their past community service work and intent to pursue a public service career in the United States upon graduation (up to 1,500 words);
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s graduate program chair or faculty advisor regarding their academic progress and promise of achievement;
- Statement regarding the student’s current means of support (including source, amount and length of support) and living expenses (up to 1,500 words);
- Amount of student loans, subsidized and unsubsidized, and amount of yearly interest on unsubsidized student loans (up to 1,500 words);
- A current curriculum vitae (c.v.)