Lurcy Fellowship for Study in France
The Georges Lurcy Charitable and Educational Trust seeks to promote friendship and understanding between the peoples of the United States and France and, secondarily, between Americans and Europeans in general. This is achieved by supporting scholarly activities and exchanges which allow members of one society to learn more about the people and civilization of the other society.
The student must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States. Applicants should be graduate students whose academic objectives would benefit from this experience.
The Lurcy Fellowship invites applications from a broad range of disciplines, without any preferences as to any field of study or department.
- Outstanding academic credentials and recommendation;
- Fit between proposed project and the goals of the fellowship
October 4, 2023
The award is a stipend in the amount of $25,000.
Students can submit an application including the following online.
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement* (1,500 words)
- In the personal statement, applicants must describe their reasons for planning to study or conduct research in France. The statement must specifically address their proposed plan of study and/or research, the contemporary relevance of their plan of study and/or research, the results they hope to obtain, and the impact that a foreign experience will have on their future professional development.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Foreign language report