- Paragraph centered on title page matches title page example
- Names match names in Wolverine Access
- No mention of “Program in” or “Department of” before program name
- Year is the year degree is being conferred, not the year the dissertation was completed
- Front matter page numbers start with page ii
- Front matter pages are all numbered with lower case Roman numerals (no page i)
- No page numbers on Title Page, Frontispiece, or Copyright Page
- Main body of dissertation starts on page 1
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents is not listed in the Table of Contents
- All front matter sections (excluding Title Page, Frontispiece, Copyright Page, and Table of Contents) are listed in Table of Contents as well as the page number on which section begins
- Chapter numbers, Chapter titles, and page numbers (on which Chapters begin) are listed in Table of Contents
Tables, Figures, Et cetera
- When more than one Table, Figure, Appendix, etc. exists, separate lists are in Front Matter
- Tables and Figures in Appendices are included in List of Tables, List of Figures, etc.
- Tables, Figures, Appendices, etc. are uniquely and sequentially numbered in the lists
- Lists include (Table, Figure, Appendix, etc.) number, legend/description, and page number
- There are no blank nor missing pages
- Format should be consistent
- Footnotes (if included) and Bibliography/References section(s) are in the format preferred by discipline
Contact Academic Records and Dissertations
0120 Rackham Building
915 E. Washington St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1070
Academic Records and Dissertations is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The office is closed Saturdays and Sundays and on the following holidays: Thanksgiving (Thursday and the following Friday), Christmas through New Year's, Memorial Day, Independence Day (July 4), and Labor Day.