Update: We will be offering Ready for Rackham as a remote experience for Summer 2021.
- $2,000 stipend
- Up to $500 for travel expenses
- Room and board (provided in U-M residence halls)
- Mentorship from current graduate students and faculty
- Interdisciplinary research experience
- Community building with a national cohort of rising scholars
- Access to U-M libraries
- Rackham Graduate School application fee waiver
Students from diverse backgrounds in the Social Sciences, Physical or Natural Sciences, Engineering, and Humanities are encouraged to apply. Please note that we are not able to accept students currently enrolled at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor. However, students enrolled at UM-Flint and UM-Dearborn are eligible to apply.
- Be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or non-U.S. citizens with DACA.
- Have a minimum overall 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- Be entering their sophomore or junior year in college (at a school other than the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor) and not be scheduled to graduate before December 2021.
- Have an interest in pursuing a graduate degree in one of the Rackham graduate programs. Please note that this does not include programs leading to professional degrees, for example, Medical School (M.D.), Law School (J.D.), and Ross School of Business (M.B.A.).
- Have a genuine interest in academic research and/or teaching as a career.
Applicants must also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Come from an educational, cultural, or geographic background that is underrepresented in graduate study in their discipline in the United States or at the University of Michigan.
- Have demonstrated a commitment to diversity in the academic, professional, or civic realm through their work experience, volunteer engagement, or leadership of student or community organizations. By diversity, we mean efforts to reduce social, educational, or economic disparities based on race, ethnicity, or gender, or to improve race relations in the United States.
- Have experienced financial hardship as a result of family economic circumstances.
- Are first-generation U.S. citizens or will be the first in their families to graduate from a four-year college or university.
- Application Open Date: January 28, 2021
- Application Close Date: March 12, 2021
- Notifications: March to April, 2021
- Program Dates: July 5, 2021 to July 30, 2021
There are two parts of the application process that must both be completed by the deadline on Friday, March 12, 2021, 11:59 p.m. eastern time.
- Applicants must complete and submit the application form by the deadline.
- Applicants must send the recommendation form to their recommender. Applicants can send the form to their recommender before they submit their application.
Ready for Rackham applications are due Friday, March 12, 2021, by 11:59 p.m. eastern time. Decisions will be sent out during March and April 2021. If you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com