Rackham Institutional Research (RIR) supports Rackham leadership by providing research, analyses, and data across a variety of areas that cover the range of graduate education. RIR produces annual and periodic reports that cover application and enrollment activity, funding, the student experience, completion rates, and career outcomes. The office interfaces with other University offices to provide guidance and support about graduate education, and works with national organizations to implement and disseminate best practices across the spectrum of graduate education.
Who We Are
- John A. Gonzalez, Director of Institutional Research
- Conroy Baltzell, Programmer
- Maia I. Bergman, Research Area Specialist Senior
- Carrie Brezine, Programmer/Analyst
- Merle Feldbaum, Research Area Specialist Senior
- Allyson Flaster, Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Luke Draper, Research Assistant
- Ang Li, Research Assistant
- Brittany McKenzie, Research Assistant
What We Do
We compile metrics and summary for Rackham programs across a variety of areas. Two examples are our Program Statistics and our Coalition for Next Generation Life Science statistics. As part of the Coalition for Next Generation Life Sciences, U-M is sharing a number of figures about postdoctoral fellows for those considering careers in the biomedical sciences and those wishing to learn more about postdocs.