Guidelines and forms for establishing the dissertation committee.
Rackham Graduate School provides workshops supporting graduate coordinators and program staff throughout the University of Michigan.
The graduate school provides resources and information to directors of graduate programs to help them successfully manage procedures, policies, and schedules throughout the academic year, and to problem-solve and guide students to their degrees.
We developed this resource to provide a central location for sharing good ideas from across campus for practices that contribute to graduate student success.
MORE (Mentoring Others Results in Excellence) is a Rackham committee that provides faculty with effective tools and practices for mentoring graduate students and seeks to improve the graduate school experience for all students.
Advancing New Directions is Rackham’s effort to reimagine graduate education as student-centered and faculty-led.
This resource summarizes the major stressors students are facing during these stressful times, and provides guidance that mentors and graduate programs can use to support them.
While COVID-19 limits our in-person interactions, our opportunities to build community have expanded. This guide will help you create spaces where participants feel supported and engaged.
To facilitate remote programming during the fall 2020 hybrid semester, we have created this resource page of tips and best practices from across U-M and beyond.
Faculty and Program Funding
- Dean’s Strategic Initiatives
- Supplemental Block Grants to Rackham Programs to Support Ph.D. Student Engagement in Fall 2020 Curricular Development
- Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Outreach and Planning Grants
- Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Collaboration and Implementation Grants
- Rackham Recruitment Grant
- Rackham Faculty Allies and Student Ally Diversity Grants
- Rackham Interdisciplinary Workshops (RIW)
- Michigan Meetings
Honors and Awards
- Distinguished Faculty Achievement Awards
- Distinguished University Professorships
- Faculty Recognition Awards
- Henry Russel Award
- Henry Russel Lectureship
- John H. D’Arms Faculty Awards for Distinguished Graduate Mentoring in the Humanities
- Rackham Distinguished Graduate Mentor Award
- Rackham Master’s Mentoring Award
- Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Awards
- ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Awards