The Rackham Amphitheatre, located on the fourth floor of the Rackham Building, features a full projection booth, 2 permanent projection screens (one large enough for side by side projection), a portable lectern which may be placed in 3 different locations, and a presentation area that can accommodate panels of up to 10 members. The room is steeply graded for maximum viewing and the sightlines are excellent from anywhere in the room. The Amphitheatre is used primarily for major conferences and guest lecturers. It is an excellent space for panel discussions as well.
|U-M Student Organizations||$35||Food and drink are not allowed in the Amphitheatre; the “No Food” rate will apply|
|University Departments and Programs||$276|
Room use rates are reviewed annually and are subject to change.
|Setup Type||Max Capacity|
|Lecture Style without Reception||227 plus up to 3 spaces for wheelchairs|
- Portable lectern which may be placed in one of three different locations
- PA System with lectern microphone, wireless hand-held microphones, and LAPEL microphones
- Ethernet access
- Video projector
- Slide projectors
- Document camera
- DVD player
- CD player
- Cassette player
- Large projection screen capable of showing side by side slide projections
- Archival video and audio recording capabilities
- All new audio-visual equipment
- Upgraded lighting
- The presentation space is only accessible by stairs; there is no wheelchair accessibility to this area
- Panels for panel discussions must be limited to a maximum of 10 participants
- Food and drink are not allowed in the Amphitheatre at any time
If a student organization fails to cancel a room reservation at least 14 days prior to the scheduled event (45 days for the Amphitheatre and/or Assembly Hall), the group will be charged for the University Department No Food rate.