The Gupta Values Scholarship
Any graduate student enrolled in a Rackham master’s or doctoral program and in good academic standing is eligible for the Gupta Values Scholarship. Students may receive this award only one time.
Award recipients will have demonstrated integrity in the face of challenges, a commitment to human dignity, and a dedication to excellence in all they do both inside and outside the academy.
February 8, 2021
Two awards of $7,500 will be made for spring/summer support. Awardees will be expected to travel to Washington, D.C., to meet with representatives of the Gupta Family Foundation and Gupta Value Scholars from other universities over the weekend of April 4 to 6, 2021. (An additional $1,200 will be provided to each award recipient to cover travel expenses.)
A complete application will include:
- An essay of up to 1,500 words that addresses the following:
- Demonstrate integrity by providing evidence of your ability to make difficult decisions even when those decisions may not have been in your best interest, but were the right things to do.
- Manifest personal actions that demonstrate a commitment to human dignity—listening and considering the value of all individuals regardless of race, religion, social status, or gender identity.
- Indicate a commitment to excellence in all you do, for example, being creative and seeking new solutions, being a motivational leader and striving to advance the mission and goals of nonprofit organizations, persevering in the face of difficulties, or seeking to gain new knowledge.
- Statement of availability to travel to Washington, D.C., the weekend of April 3 to 5, 2020.
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s faculty advisor noting how the applicant demonstrates integrity, commitment to human dignity, and dedication to excellence.
- Student’s curriculum vitae (c.v.).