Chia-Lun Lo International Student Fellowship
Chia-Lun Lo International Student Fellowship assists outstanding students in Rackham programs who have earned a previous degree from a university in Taiwan.
Arab Alumni International Student Fellowship
Arab Alumni International Student Fellowship assists outstanding students in Rackham programs who have earned an undergraduate degree from one of 16 countries in the Middle East or North Africa:
- Saudi Arabia
Kan-Chuang International Student Fellowship
Kan-Chuang International Student Fellowship assists outstanding female students in Rackham programs who are from Asia or the Middle East.
Indian Alumni International Student Fellowship
Indian Alumni Fellowship Fund assists outstanding students in Rackham programs who have completed their undergraduate degree from a college in India.
Any Rackham program on the Ann Arbor campus may nominate up to two international graduate students who have successfully completed one year of graduate study and are in good academic standing. U.S. citizens and permanent residents are not eligible. Nominees must be registered for at least three (3) credits if a master’s student or for six (6) credits if a doctoral student in the term of nomination as well as in the following academic term.
If programs wish to nominate one or more students eligible for the Chia-Lun Lo Fellowship, Arab Alumni Fund Fellowship, Indian Alumni Fund Fellowship, or the Kan-Chuang Fellowship they may nominate up to three students for this combined competition.
Please contact Rackham Finance and Fellowships with any questions regarding eligibility.
Nominees must have a strong academic record, be making good progress toward the degree, and demonstrate outstanding academic and professional promise. Preference will be given to students who do not have other sources of funding.
October 4, 2023
Awards of $12,990 may be used as stipend or tuition. Students receiving the International Student Fellowship may not concurrently hold an additional fellowship, or assistantship in excess of 0.25 appointment in the same term. Twenty-five (25) International Student Fellowship awards will be available in 2023–24 in addition to the Chia-Lun Lo Fellowship, Arab Alumni Fund Fellowship, Kan-Chuang, and the Indian Alumni Fellowships.
These awards are generously sponsored by the following donor funds:
- Dr. Wenjing Chen Memorial Fellowship Fund
- K. C. Shin Graduate Student Support Fund
- Dr. Edgardo Laborde Graduate Student Award
- Tony K. and Vivian W. Wang Graduate Student Fellowship Fund
- Lin-Chiuan Yan International Graduate Student Support Fund
- Barbour Centennial Award
- Eduardo and Aurora Sevilla Graduate Student Award Fund
Students are nominated by their program for this award. Students should contact their program regarding their selection process.
Programs may submit the nomination, including the following:
- Statement of Student Achievement and Potential, including a brief statement by the graduate program chair regarding the qualifications of the nominee and the selection process used (1,500 words);
- Personal statement from the nominee describing his/her research and future goals (1,500 words);
- Letter of recommendation from the nominee’s faculty advisor or graduate chair, noting achievement and promise, previous sources of support, and other funding circumstances;
- Current curriculum vitae (c.v.)
Submit a Nomination (This form should only be submitted by graduate program representatives, for example, graduate coordinators, scholarship and fellowship managers, etcetera.)