Rackham Graduate Exercises
See you at Winter Commencement!
Sunday, December 16, 2018
2:00 p.m., Crisler Center
Ceremony will last approximately two hours
Commencement is a milestone—one of life’s landmark occasions, a time when graduates, family members, and friends gather to celebrate past and future.
It’s our goal to make this a truly memorable day for you—and those who supported you along the way. If you have any questions or concerns that aren’t answered on this website, please contact the Office of University and Development Events at (734) 647-6037 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic Attire and Preparing for Winter Commencement
Here’s what you need to know—and do—to assure an enjoyable, glitch-free commencement day.
- Apply for graduation
- Check eligibility for participating in commencement
- International students: Submit a request for a letter of invitation if your parents need to apply for a visa in order to attend the commencement ceremony
- Provide your guests with commencement ceremony date and instructions
- Consider attending the Grad Fair
- Purchase academic attire
- Make arrangements for everyone—yourself and/or your guests—who will need special assistance during the ceremony
- Review commencement day instructions
- Check U-M safety guidelines (prohibited items) for commencement
Note: Tickets are not required for guests or graduates who attend Winter Commencement
We celebrate the accomplishments of each #RackhamGrad.
Watch the 2018 Rackham Graduate Exercises
With a global network of 112,000+ alumni, you have an opportunity to connect with classmates, peers, and professionals around the world in your field and in others. Like us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for:
- Stories of the Rackham community, from current students to alumni.
- News from Rackham and the wider U-M community.
- Live chats and conferences.