- Aldi, Retail chain selling a range of grocery items at discount prices, including produce, meat, and dairy. Located at 2340 Dexter Rd. (at the corner of Dexter and Maple).
- Busch’s Fresh Food Market, Food at your convenience 24 hours a day. Located at 2240 S. Main St. (south of Michigan Stadium). There is also a store near North Campus at 2020 Green Rd. These stores are accessible via AAATA buses.
- Kroger, This national chain has several locations in Ann Arbor, including 400 S. Maple Rd. on the west side and 2641 Plymouth Rd. near North Campus.
- Lucky’s Market, Located near Central Campus at 1919 S. Industrial, Lucky’s sells fresh produce, dairy, meat, and deli offerings, as well as a full line of grocery products, home goods, beer and wine, and store-made sandwiches, pizza, and juices.
- Meijer, One-stop shopping, 24 hours a day. Located at 3145 Ann Arbor-Saline Rd. (near I-94), 3825 Carpenter Rd., and 5645 Jackson Rd., this Midwest chain is accessible via AAATA buses.
- Plum Market, Grocery Store offering an array of natural, organic, local, and specialty items. Located at 375 N. Maple (on the corner of N. Maple and Dexter). There is also a store near North Campus at 3601 Plymouth Rd.
- Trader Joe’s, Produce, specialty foods, frozen foods, snacks, unique foods. Located at 2398 East Stadium, in the Lamp Post Plaza shopping center.
- Whole Foods Market, Grocery store specializing in foods with nothing artificial. Two locations at the corner of Huron Parkway and Washtenaw Ave., and Eisenhower Parkway at Ann Arbor-Saline Rd.
Farmer’s Markets and Specialty Stores
- Ann Arbor Farmer’s Market, Fresh fruits and vegetables, baked goods, arts and crafts, and flowers are available in this outdoor market next to Kerrytown. The Farmer’s Market is open Wednesdays and Saturdays, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (May-Dec.), 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Wednesdays (June-Oct.), and 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Saturdays (Jan.-April).
- Arbor Farms Market, Located at 2103 W. Stadium Blvd., this market offers local and organic produce, fresh Michigan grass-fed beef and other meats, and a gourmet deli.
- Argus Farm Stop: Provides a place where local farms can sell locally-grown produce and other goods conveniently to consumers, year round. 2 locations: 325 W. Liberty St., and 1200 Packard Rd.
- Maize and Blue Cupboard: A student-run organization that fights all levels of food insecurity on campus. They hold a monthly food distribution for any students who face financial, transportation, or time constraints.
- M Farmer’s Markets, Stop by the M Farmers Markets to buy farm fresh seasonal produce, as well as flowers, potted plants, herbs, and other goods at an affordable price. The markets are held from June through October at five different locations on campus.
- People’s Food Cooperative, For natural and organic foods, this is a good place to check out. It specializes in vegetarian foods. Located at 216 N. Fourth Ave.
- Produce Station, Fresh produce, bread, flowers, and prepared foods. Located at 1629 S. State.
- Sparrow Market, Located in the Kerrytown Market & Shops (407 N. 5th Ave.), this locally owned butcher and market specializes in grass-fed beef and meats and Michigan produce.
- Strickland’s Market, Grocery and convenience store located near the Hill area residence halls on the corner of Geddes Ave. and Observatory.
International Grocery Stores