Graduate Coordinators Forum
The Graduate Coordinators Forum was started in Spring 2003 to provide a venue through which graduate coordinators share information, network and suggest enhancements in protocols for graduate student administration.
It is hoped that the events planned for each academic year will be helpful to new as well as established staff working in graduate student administration. There are six forums throughout the year (listed below). Participants can RSVP for each forum by clicking on the link for the forum under “Forum Topic” below. RSVPs will be accepted within one month of the listed event.
The Mission of the Graduate Coordinators Forum is to facilitate and support graduate education by promoting exemplary service to graduate students. We seek to create avenues for graduate coordinators to collaborate, learn, strategize, network and affect changes within the University administration. An objective of the forum is to bring together all graduate coordinators from Rackham and other graduate programs to generate proposals for centralizing and standardizing student services information, policies and practices. The forum will establish and foster a network for staff in graduate student administration in support of the University’s overall educational mission.
Structure of Forums
- 10:00 to 10:10 Introductions
- 10:10 to 11:15 Speaker presentations
- 11:15 to 12:00 Question/Answer session and networking
Forums will offer presentations by one or more speakers, and some may have a panel discussion.
2021-22 Forum Schedule
- October 13, 2021: Canceled
- December 8, 2021: Updates from Graduate Student and Programs Consultation Services and Admissions
- February 9, 2022: Graduate Certificate Coordinators: Resources and Next Steps
- April 13, 2022: To be announced
- June 8, 2022: To be announced
- August 19, 2022: To be announced
Graduate Forum Planning Committee
- Matt Irelan, Industrial and Operations Engineering
- Michelle Melis, Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, Medical School
- Jennifer Nguyen, Linguistics
- Charlene Ruloff, School of Kinesiology
- Kimberly Smith, School of Dentistry
- Ann Takata, International Institute
Committee Email Group: email@example.com