Graduate Coordinators Forum
The Graduate Coordinators Forum was started in Spring 2003 to provide a venue through which graduate coordinators share information, network and suggest enhancements in protocols for graduate student administration.
It is hoped that the events planned for each academic year will be helpful to new as well as established staff working in graduate student administration. There are six forums throughout the year (listed below).
The Mission of the Graduate Coordinators Forum is to facilitate and support graduate education by promoting exemplary service to graduate students. We seek to create avenues for graduate coordinators to collaborate, learn, strategize, network and affect changes within the University administration. An objective of the forum is to bring together all graduate coordinators from Rackham and other graduate programs to generate proposals for centralizing and standardizing student services information, policies and practices. The forum will establish and foster a network for staff in graduate student administration in support of the University’s overall educational mission.
The Forum is held from 10:00-11:30 am every second Tuesday of the following months: February, April, June, August, October, and December.
Joining the Forum Email List
Announcements about Forum dates, Zoom links, itineraries, and summaries are sent by email to two email lists:
- Rackham Graduate Coordinators email list: A Rackham-managed email list for those with graduate coordinator roles. To be added, send a request to the Rackham Dean’s office at RackhamDeansInfo@umich.edu.
- Grad-Coordinators-Forum-Annoucement@umich.edu: A separate joinable email group for those who wish to receive Forum announcements but are not in graduate coordinator roles. You can join the group by logging into Mcommunity.
Graduate Forum Planning Committee
- Julie Burnett, Comparative Literature
- Matt Irelan, Industrial and Operations Engineering
- Michelle Melis, Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, Medical School
- Jennifer Nguyen, Linguistics
- Charlene Ruloff, School of Kinesiology
- Ann Takata, International Institute
Committee Email Group: firstname.lastname@example.org