Among the oldest and most prestigious awards granted by the University of Michigan, offering funding to female students from Asia and the Middle East since 1917.
The Rackham Graduate School celebrated the 100-year anniversary of the Barbour Scholarship throughout 2017. Barbour Scholars gathered to share their experiences and look to the future of the education of Asian women.
On Wednesday, March 27, 2019, the Rackham Graduate School honored the 102nd cohort of Barbour Scholars—eight high-achieving women who come from a vast array of backgrounds and fields of study.
Total Scholars by Discipline
- Biological and Health Science 21.02% 21.02%
- Humanities and the Arts 20.63% 20.63%
- Physical Sciences and Engineering 20.24% 20.24%
- Social Sciences 38.11% 38.11%
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) 2.27% 2.27%
Degrees Earned by Barbours
- Bachelor’s Degree 3.07% 3.07%
- Master’s Degree 36.25% 36.25%
- Doctoral Degree 57.77% 57.77%
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) 0.65% 0.65%
Not all program data available.