Steps in the Admissions Process
View Overview of the Application Process to see how Rackham Graduate School and the graduate program work together to review your application materials.
Before Application Submission
1. Create an ApplyWeb Account to Begin Your Application
- Use your full legal name as it appears on your passport. See directions and related information for creating an ApplyWeb account.
- If you are submitting more than one application, ApplyWeb will require you to complete your first application before starting the next.
2. Upload Files and Submit Application
- Upload your transcripts, curriculum vitae or resume, academic statement of purpose, personal statement, and other documents to ApplyWeb, and fill in all required fields.
- Submit your completed application.
3. Order Test Scores
4. Check That Letters of Recommendation Have Been Submitted
Use ApplyWeb to check the status of the letters. See reminders about what you can and cannot change after you’ve registered a recommender.
5. Complete Any Additional Steps Required by the Graduate Program
Refer to the graduate program’s website and follow any instructions provided by them regarding additional materials, scores, special instructions for statements, etc.
Additional information and submission of many of these requirements can be found on page 9 of the ApplyWeb application.
After Application Submission
6. After the Download Confirmation Email Is Received, Create a U-M Friend Account If You Are New to the University
Please wait five business days after submitting your application before creating your friend account. You will receive an email confirming that Rackham has downloaded you application from ApplyWeb. This email will come from [email protected] and direct you to set up your friend account.
- Go to the Friend Account Request Form and enter your email address.
- You will receive a confirmation email with a link to create your friend account.
- For more information, see the Information and Technology Services website.
7. Watch for Email Notifications
The graduate program and Rackham will email you throughout this process.